Mercedes will launch an extra-long S-class Pullman as part of the new S-class family, which hits the streets in 2013.
In lieu of the Maybach, the Pullman will be presented as the stretch-limo from Stuttgart, expected to arrive in 2015.
The future extra-long S-class will be reserved for a luxury liner that seats six. At 6.5 meters long, it’s not much shorter than the entry-level stretch-limo. Special Pullman features include rear-facing second-row seats that fold away when not in use, an optional partition, a made-to-measure body with upright headlamps, and an eight-window variable-tint greenhouse with sunroof, electric curtains and available armour-plating.
Expectations of next year’s new S-class family:
• S-class saloon (W222, 2013)
• S-class long-wheelbase (V222, 2013)
• S-class extra-long wheelbase (X222, 2014)
• 600 Pullman saloon (2015)
• S-class coupé (C217, 2013)
• S-class cabriolet (A217, 2014)
• S-class four-door coupé (C222, 2015, not yet signed off)
Source: Car Magazine